9 Questions to ask at Networking Events
Have you ever been at an event and struggled to keep the conversation going?
Some people are naturals when it comes to small talk and making connections. Others of us (me) find small talk harder. It’s just not our favorite thing.
As business owners, it’s a necessary skill to learn. Having a few basic questions you can ask in almost any situation will help make it easier and keep the conversation flowing. Think of it as your elevator pitch in reverse. You are getting to know them better.
Here are 9 questions you can ask:
- What do you do?
- What made you decide to go into this?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- What do you enjoy most about what you do?
- What separates you from the competition?
- What trends do you see coming for your business?
- Where else do you normally network?
- What are some of your biggest challenges?
- How can I help you?
Bonus tip: Pick a few favorite and write them on an index card. Keep the card in your car and review it right before you walk into an event. This will help you be more confident and make you a more efficient networker.
Have you tried Speed Networking? It is a fun, fast-paced way to meet new people and practice your networking skills. Find the next one at CoCreate.